Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quotation freak!!

Some of my friends call me a ‘Quotation freak’. I have nothing to deny. Simple they may seem, yet few quotations played a powerful role in my life. I have always looked up to them, apart from my inner self, whenever I needed comfort, motivation, caution, inspiration and the like. I consider them as the words of wisdom and experience passed on by few great men, to serve as the guiding light for me over the years. Here are a few of those, which have served as the operating instructions in my life many a time.

“You can’t fail, unless you quit” – From an article on Abraham Lincoln

“Time is precious. But life is more precious. So, be cautious” – A Note on the Highway

“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – On a leaflet of an orphan home

“He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes. But he who never asks a question remains a fool forever” – From a seminar in school

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us” –From a Telugu weekly (translated)

“Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway” – From Reader’s Digest

Few more to come…

2 comments:

Karthik said...

My favourites are -

#1 - Cogito Ergo Sum (I think, Therefore I Am )

#2 - Yesterday is History, Tommorrow is Mystery, Today is a gift - That's why it's called "Present"

#3 - The pursuit of perfection is an end in itself (Donno where i got this from, but i often quote it in office - much to the irritation of my team members )

#4 - Tat Tvam Asi ( Thou art that) - Now dont ask me to explain this :)))

Anonymous said...

Excellent.....