Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Lost War!!

‘Robots will wage a war against humans in future,’I often hear people remark. But I think technology has almost won the war against us now! Atleast, that is the feeling I get when I hear people remark, ‘I can’t imagine a life without a mobile or internet.’ Wonderful tools as they are, I can’t stop wondering when they are compared with the likes of air and water. A generation ago, when I heard such words being used by people when referring to persons of a different gender, I used to find it funny. Someone explained it to me saying that love rules. Now, when similar words are being used for tools, I am obliged to say that Technology rules making us its slaves. Do we want to free ourselves from this bondage and start living as independently as possible? Use our brains a little more and tools with discretion? Look a little more at the things happening around and try to talk with people who are physically around? Coz they might be badly in need of us while we are virtually present elsewhere. Tools are definitely the works of a genius but overusing them may hinder our creating one!

3 comments:

Sur said...

technology is an obedent slave but a ruthless master, but i am afraid this is what is happening.

VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

ha yeah!! infatc there ws a period whr i even got nightmares of such a possibility.. Excitin dreams rather.. Terminator, I Robot effect.. blame it on Isaac Asimov

VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

ha yeah!! infatc there ws a period whr i even got nightmares of such a possibility.. Excitin dreams rather.. Terminator, I Robot effect.. blame it on Isaac Asimov