Monday, February 08, 2010

Delhi and I

The city catches your fascination with its old qilas, impresses you with its architecture, pleases you with its gardens and makes you comfortable with its wide roads. It has got the best of foods in its majestic hotels and even better food on its streets, the best branded clothes in its sprawling malls and an amazing collection outside them - only you got to find out. With regular artistic performances, never ending tourist places, innumerable pubs and dhabas, the city has got something to everybody's taste. It has got men who are smarter and women who are more fashionable than you can find in the rest of India. With its huge variety and a political air, it fully deserves its title as the ‘Capital City’. My stay in Delhi has been eventful and even after 3 years of staying there, visiting quite a few places and participating in its diversity, I still feel like a stranger and the city seems to be beyond my grasp!

P.S: And don't I miss the unbeatable passion and spirit of Mumbai!!

3 comments:

Maverick: "Trust me I am not Blogging" said...

Yes, Delhi is a big city and has lot more to offer than Mumbai :)
Anyways, I am sure the car did help!!

Rekha Devarapalli said...

Oh ya, ur car was the life-saver sorts. The city is far tougher wid people without one!

Aditya Sastrulavari said...

Wow amazing Rekha,you described well about Delhi...
I haven't been so far...eagerly waiting to go Delhi..
I got the same feeling when i was watching Delhi-6 movie..same way you described...thanks for sharing though...

--Aditya Sastrulavari